This is my long-standing opinion on skiing and I do it only as Lewis loves it so much.
1) Layer as many clothes on as you can and still move.
2) Cram your feet into the most uncomfortable, hard, shin bruising boots you could ever imagine.
3) Push bruised shins hard against the plastic boot tongues so toes are not impaled into boot tips.
4) Pile on headband, beanie, gator, goggles, and gloves.
5) Be sure NO skin is exposed to air.
6) Lug skis to lift walking like an astronaut in hard boots, shins throbbing.
7) Hold on to hand railings at all times when presented as not to fall on ass while careful not to clobber anyone with skis on shoulder.
8) Crab crawl to ski lift.
9) Expose skin to air to cool off.
10) Scramble onto lift and don’t fall.
11) Sit calmly while lift stalls halfway up the mountain, wind howls and snow pelts against face.
12) Re-cover all skin with now wet clothing.
13) Exit lift without falling.
14) Traverse down mountain in white out-condition, unable to see more than ten feet ahead, panting and nauseous from vertigo.
15) Stumble into lodge for a drink to warm up.
16) Try to figure out why your husband is smiling from ear to ear.
Smiling because you looked hot… bundled up from head to toe and covered in snow and I know you’re only out there because you love me.
What do you do for your significant other that you would never do on your own just ‘cuz you love them?